How to become expert in Selenium Automation Testing?
You can learn Selenium Webdriver yourself in just 1 month, yes you read it right!
If you want my above statement to work for you, then you would have to come up with a proper study plan and follow it with discipline. Discipline is the key here. Good news is, I am going to help you to make that study plan and also will share very useful blog posts links for the same, later in this post.
First important question is: What all you need to learn to become expert in Selenium Webdriver?
Answer is simple, by learning everything mentioned below:
2. Coding concepts – You have to learn coding concepts/skills in any one of the language which Selenium support i.e., Java, Pyhton, Ruby, C#, PHP. Currently java is ahead in the race. Refer this link to learn Java for Selenium – Java Tutorials Series
3. Fundamentals of HTML & CSS – You should have very basic knowledge of Html, as while writing webdriver code you would need to find out locators of different web elements like text boxes, links, radio buttons etc. So it would be good to have some knowledge in html.
4. Locators – There are generally 9 different types of locators by which you can locate a web element in Selenium, but most important are xpath & css. Refer – Selenium Locators
6. Unit Testing Framework: Next thing in your learning is unit testing framework of the language you learned for Webdriver. Every programming language has it’s own unit testing framework like for Java, most commonly used unit testing frameworks are – JUNIT and TestNG. Refer – TestNG Tutorials Series
- Code re-usability
- Reduce test code maintenance cost
- Report generation
- Gives the flexibility to integrate more tools under one umbrella
- Increase test team’s speed and efficiency